3 tbsp veggie oil
1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking sprinkle with garlic salt and cumin.
- Stir in onions and cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat of low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- I packed this rice into small containers which provided a 96 calorie serving. This batch makes 11 servings at this size. Originally it said that this makes enough for 4, i think that this is true if you want a plate of rice. Too much for me!
- Place the containers into the fridge until they are completely cooled.
- Package them in gallon sized freezer bags and place them in the freezer for use at a later date. These reheat just fine. From freezer to the microwave to your plate... delicious!!