These things are delicious and only 202 calories!
I love it!!
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup cold water
2 tsp unflavored gelatin
1 cup whipping cream
2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Coat the sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat oil, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with milk; beat until smooth. Let the batter stand for 15 minutes.
- Drop batter by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, spreading the batter into a 2 to 3 inch circle with the back of the spoon (if it doesn't spread itself). I fit 8 cookies onto a cookie sheet usually. Bake the cookies until firm to the touch, about 8 minutes. Let them cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Use a clean baking sheet for each batch.
- For the filling, stir water and gelatin in a small heatproof cup or bowl. Let stand for 1 minute. Microwave, uncovered, on High until the gelatin has completely dissolved but the liquid is not boiling, 20 to 30 seconds. Stir the mixture until smooth. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream, yogurt, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until very thick, about a minute. With the mixer beating constantly, add the gelatin mixture in a steady stream until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until the cream filling is thickened to the consistency of pudding, about 30 minutes. Whisk again until smooth.
- To assemble whoopie pies, turn half the cookies bottom side up and top with a generous 2 tbsp of the cream. Top with the remaining cookies. Chill in the refrigerator until the filling is set about 30 minutes.