Monday, June 18, 2012

Half Marathon Training

In recent weeks, several people have asked me about my training schedule for my marathon and how I might modify that for a half-marathon. Considering that I was training for a half-marathon before i decided to run a marathon, it was not that hard.

Below you will find a 10 week program for anyone that has completed a 5K or can run/walk 3 miles without needing to be carted off to the ER. Do not be afraid to walk a 1/4 mile while training, listen to your body! That is the only way to make sure that you remain healthy while doing this program.

Hope that this helps! Happy running! This is one of my favorite things to do since it allows me time to think about me, life, problems, successes. What do you do while running? Listen to music/books on tape? Make your shopping list?

No comments:

Post a Comment