Here is a workout that is fun and different than any that i have seen recently...
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, toes turned out and arms by sides;lower into a plie squat.
- Hinge at waist to left, reaching left arm out to side.
- Return to start and then hinge to right, reaching right arm out to side.
- Return to start and extend both arms overhead, palms forward, looking up.
- Stand with feet together, knees bent 45 degrees, and hands on hips.
- Lunge back with right leg as you swing right arm forward and then overhead and behind you in a windmill motion.
- Return to start. Switch sides and repeat to complete 1 rep. Do 8 reps.
Side Stretch and Swirl
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and raise arms overhead, palms facing each other.
- Side bend at waist to left, chest facing forward. Hold for 3 counts.
- Keeping back flat and arms extended, fold forward at waist, then rotate torso to right side, bending at waist so that arms reach to right. Hold for 3 counts.
- Return to start. switch sides and repeat to complete 1 rep. Do 4 reps.
Figure Eight Hip Loosener
- Stand with feet together, hands on hips.
- Step right foot out to side, touching toes to floor. Push right hip forward and rotate hips in clockwise motion to trace a circle.
- Return to start and step left foot out to side, toes on floor. Push left hip forward and then trace a counterclockwise circle with hips.
- Return to start to complete 1 rep. Do 10 reps.
Hamstring TLC with a Twist
- Stand with feet together, arms by sides.
- Lunge back with left leg, keeping leg straight and heel off floor; bed right knee 90 degrees and place hands on floor on either side of right foot. Hold 3 counts.
- Straighten right leg and hold for 3 counts. Return to lunge for 3 counts.