Thursday, May 17, 2012

Change in Running Plans

Like so many other things in life... it doesn't always go as planned.

A few weeks ago i found out that i did not make it into the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco so that sent me on a search for a new half marathon to compete in that was closer to home. My friend Anna at Red Runs is someone that runs a lot in Illinois and so i sought her out as my source for a new race. And there it was... the Chicago Rock n Rock Half Marathon!! It looks like a blast, at every mile there is a band playing so there is no need for an ipod for this race.

Then yesterday hit. I had yet to sign up for the Rock and Roll half marathon and i had been talking to another friend about doing the Color Run in Indianapolis when my boss forwarded me a email about the Chicago Marathon and running it as a part of the American Cancer Society team. It felt like it was meant to be. So I signed up and and am now training for a full marathon as well as raising $1000 for the cause. Next week i will post a link to my fundraising page as well as DIY projects that i am doing in an effort to raise this money before the end of September.

This post is so that i can share with all of you my training schedule with all of you for the marathon.


Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
2
Rest
3
Rest
2
Rest
4
Rest
3
Rest
2
2
Rest
5
Rest
3
Rest
2
3
Rest
6
Rest
3
Rest
2
3
Rest
3
Rest
3
Rest
2
2
Rest
5
Rest
3
Rest
4
3
Rest
5
Rest
3
Rest
4
3
Rest
6
Rest
3
Rest
4
3
Rest
7
Rest
3
Rest
5
3
Rest
8
Rest
3
Rest
5
3
Rest
10
Rest
4
Rest
5
4
Rest
11
Rest
4
Rest
6
4
Rest
12
Rest
4
Rest
6
4
Rest
14
Rest
4
Rest
7
4
Rest
16
Rest
5
Rest
8
5
Rest
16
Rest
5
Rest
8
5
Rest
17
Rest
5
Rest
8
5
Rest
18
Rest
5
Rest
8
5
Rest
20
Rest
5
Rest
8
5
Rest
9
Rest
3
Rest
5
3
Rest
8
Rest
3
Rest
3
Walk 2
Rest
Walk 2
Marathon








I will keep you all posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment