Monday, July 16, 2012

Motivation Monday


This weekend flew by in a hurry. It started on Saturday with my taking the police test for Charleston. They do all of their testing in one day so it starts with the written test which i passed without a problem (90something percent) which let me move on to the physical test. I completed the sit and reach as well as he bench press and sit ups which left the run as the last part of the physical test. As someone that has been training for a marathon, you would think that I would be able to run a mile and a half in under 16:40. It was hot and humid but I did it in 14 minutes. Wahoo!! So the last part of the test was the interview and it was done in a group. I think that I did ok but you never know in those kinds of things.

After this test, I still had to do my mileage for my marathon training so I waited until later in the evening and did my 8 miles. Not bad! It would have been so easy to say that I didn't need to run because of what I had done earlier but I did not want to shortchange myself so like the picture above says, "give it everything you got" and I did.

The rest of the weekend flew by with staff softball games as well as church where I spoke about a 5K training program that we are doing at the church. So excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment