Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week 6 Results!!

With the fat dog snoring underneath my chair i figured that it was time to do my weekly weigh in post.
The scale read 160 this week. Healthy here we come!!

We are entering into the DANGER ZONE otherwise known as the holidays. As a former eating club officer (that's right folks, there was an eating club in college) I must say that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. And it's not because of the family and drama of seeing people, NO, it's because of the FOOOOOOOD. So with that in mind and trying not to derail my hard work this upcoming travel week i have few tips for us.

Just because you can eat the whole plate, doesn't mean that you should.

While visiting family, i will be staying in a hotel which means no kitchen and lots of eating out. Thanks to my favorite entertainer/professor Jim Painter and his whole philosophy about portions... you can eat anything you want, you just have to watch the portions for a true serving. A good rule of thumb is to load up on veggies and fruit and divide your pasta portion in half. With thanksgiving my plan in to only have one plate and to not cram that plate full of as much food as possible. What are your tricks?



Bring exercises for the room.

I plan to bring my Insanity videos as well as a "charged up" Ipod. The Insanity workouts can easily be done in the room. I don't know about the runs but we shall see if they have a treadmill otherwise i might have to get creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment