There are so many great recipes on this site but this one was quite tasty and made enough for leftovers. I live by myself so the idea of mass portions is not something i enjoy. So i cut it down to a double portion so that i had a leftover serving for lunch tomorrow. So good, enjoy!!
- 4 oz high fiber or low carb pasta (I used whatever was in my cabinet)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (use fresh or frozen)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 1/8 cup fresh grated Pecorino Romano
Meanwhile, boil salted water in a large pot. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Before draining, Reserve 1 cup of the water from the pasta.
Drain and toss pasta with broccoli. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water (I didn't do this!), Pecorino Romano, salt and pepper to taste.