Chicken, Sweet Potato and Apple Skillet
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" cubes
3 slices of bacon, chopped
1 1/2 cup brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and cute into 3/4" cubes
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup chicken broth
1/8 tsp salt
- Season chicken lightly with salt
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Return pan to heat and add remaining 2 tbsp oil. Stir in bacon and cook until brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in apples. garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. Cook 3 minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of broth, bring to a boil, and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and remaining 1/2 cup of broth. Season with salt and black pepper as needed. Cook until hot, about 2 minutes.