Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Green Smoothie

Alright folks... if you are like me, the thought of drinking wheat grass or something that looks like grass is revolting. That being said, this weekend i decided to mess around with a smoothie that involved spinach. Spinach... I KNOW! It's rabbit food best served when covered with french dressing. Yummy. Ok back to the recipe for this post. Living in a small town leads to me being limited in resources aka fresh fruit. So many times when i peruse the produce area i find that things are wilted and yucky looking. I blame one of my college professors for this "snobbishness" when it comes to this... damn you Dr. Brown!

So this has led to my craftiness with regards to frozen food and this recipe


Green Smoothie 
(that doesn't taste like crap)


1/4 cup frozen spinach
1 cup frozen fruit mix (i used Great Value's mango, pineapple, strawberry, peach assortment)
1 cup milk, juice
1/2 cup yogurt

Blend until smooth. Drink it up! Great stuff! Fills you right up too!

2 comments:

  1. I drink the following every morning:
    1/2 banana
    1/2-1 c blueberries
    1-2 c fresh spinach (it blends better)
    1 T wheat germ
    1 T ground flax
    4 oz unsweet vanilla almond milk
    1/4 c non fat plain greek yogurt

    For about 200 calories, it's a great start to the day.

    I used to add some protein via almond butter and some honey, but found that I don't need that anymore.

    ReplyDelete