Friday, February 17, 2012

NaBloPoMo: And Another Quote


February is my Blog Post a Day Month and so i have jumped onto the blog wagon and will post a blog a day based off of the prompts given by @blogherblogging. This month's theme is all about family.


NaBloPoMo Prompt of the Day (Feb. 17): What do you think: "A son is a son till he takes himself a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life."

Daddy's little girl... I believe in this. Even as i approach the big 3-0! I think that my dad and stepdad see me as someone that needs protecting. It's cute. Through heartbreaks and holidays, they are always there to support me no matter what.

I can't speak for the son part from personal experience but when reflecting on friend's experiences, I believe that this quote rings true in that once a man takes a wife, he ceases to be a son.

I have a friend who had the mother-in-law who only had boys and "her" boys would be hers always, no matter who they married. It was interesting to watch the transition after he got married. He went from staying out of any issue or fight to the man he is now, which is a man who supports his wife and takes her side. It was truly interesting to watch this transformation.


No comments:

Post a Comment